Understand what is L-arginine
L-arginine is an alpha-amino acid and one of the 20 common natural amino acids. Do you know what are the benefits of L arginine supplements?
Strictly speaking, L-arginine belongs to “semi-essential amino acid” (also known as a conditionally essential amino acid). The human body can basically produce L-arginine on its own, so in most cases, no additional supplements are needed.
However, under certain physiological and pathological conditions, L-arginine needs will increase. At this time, it is not enough to rely on the body to synthesize. At this time, timely supplementation becomes very important.
Among all the effects of L-arginine, the most noticed is that L-arginine can be used as a synthetic precursor of nitric oxide (NOC).
Nitric oxide can act on various tissues, act as a neurotransmitter in the brain, is also an important regulator in the immune system, and even the cardiovascular system is more effective for vasodilation and anti-atherosclerotic factors.
Is L-arginine better?
Most of L-arginine are compounds with enantiomers, which can be generally divided into L-type (left-handed) and D-type (right-handed).
The L-amino acids are more compatible with the body’s biochemical reactions, so the amino acids that make up proteins are all L-type.
Therefore, when purchasing health food supplements, you will always see L-L-arginine as the reason, because it is compatible with the human body to play its role and efficacy, and D-type is not usually used as a nutritional supplement.
What are the effects and benefits of L-arginine
There is a lot of information on the Internet about the efficacy and benefits of supplementing L-arginine. Here, my teacher helped you to organize some research and research on empirical medicine-related literature. There are related effects of supplementing L-arginine on the human body:
- Improve “Sexual Function/Erectile Dysfunction”
- Improve “sperm motility”
- Improve “Immune Function”
- Regulate “hypertension symptoms”
- Improve “Acute Myocardial Infarction”
- Improve “sports performance”
- Reduce “pre-eclampsia risk”
- Promote “protein synthesis”
- “Wound healing, postoperative recovery”
- “Anti-fatigue/increased muscle mass after heavy training”
- Improve “Cardiovascular related diseases”
- Reduce “Diabetes Complications”
Who is suitable to eat L-arginine? What should I eat?
As mentioned earlier, L-arginine is a very important component of the body’s related immune, cardiovascular, and other mechanisms. Because the body can basically produce L-arginine on its own, in most cases, no additional supplements are needed.
However, under certain physiological and pathological conditions, self-synthesized L-arginine may not be able to make ends meet, and according to the dietary habits of Chinese people, it may be difficult to supplement L-arginine with a sufficient amount by diet.
If there are special functions such as sexual function/erection disorders, pregnancy preparation needs, fitness training supplements, etc., supplementing L-arginine through healthy foods will be a very good way. The following points will be organized for everyone~
It is recommended to eat it 30 minutes after any meal during the day. Plus, if supplemented with healthy foods, L-arginine is usually easy to use in combination or combination. Commonly used is maca, Turner Leaf, Vitamin B Group, Zinc, etc., which can obtain more comprehensive benefits in terms of efficacy.
Because there are many nutrients, and L-arginine is alkaline in nature, for some people with sensitive stomachs, it is less irritating to eat some food in the stomach but not completely empty.
The following 10 ethnic groups do not recommend supplementing L-arginine by themselves! Are there any side effects of L-arginine?
There are many recommended materials for supplementing L-arginine on commercial brands and on the Internet, but some people are not suitable for supplementing L-arginine at their own discretion.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding (because the safety of pregnant women and infants is unknown)
- Infants/Children under 12 years old
- People with allergies, asthma, or asthma symptoms
- Patients with liver and kidney diseases (e.g. cirrhosis, kidney dialysis)
- People with herpes symptoms
- Patients with hypotension
- Recuperate before or after surgery
- Digestive tract ulcers, taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- People with a history of myocardial infarction and users of vasodilator drugs
- Do not use erectile dysfunction drugs (e.g. sildenafil or Viagra)
According to the regulations of the Taiwan Department of Health: Adults recommend that the daily intake of L-arginine should not exceed 5 grams, and it is recommended to start with a small dose to allow the body to apply.
If it is necessary to increase the amount, L-arginine is basically very safe. Health food, but everything is the best amount!
Share 3 principles to choose high-quality L-arginine
1. Choose natural extracted L-arginine is better
According to international standards, L-arginine uses a natural extraction process, which is a more advanced technology. On the one hand, it increases the absorption rate of L-arginine, and also effectively avoids the burden of chemical compounds on the body.
2. The choice of the dosage form is also very important
If anyone who reads my teacher’s article often knows, I often say that lozenges actually need to be added with more artificial compounds to make, and lozenges are also the dosage forms with the lowest cost of health food production.
So L-arginine tablets = L-arginine raw material powder + excipient + adhesive + chemical composition
Therefore, it is more recommended to choose the dosage form mainly in the form of capsules.
3. Combined with compound and combined edible effects (e.g. Maca/Maca, Turner Leaf, Vitamin B Group, Zinc)
If L-arginine is combined with a compound, it can play a better comprehensive effect, and the ingredients can complement each other, especially for those who want to improve male function, and for busy modern people, the compound effect is nothing more than A more convenient way of nutrition intake.
Where can I buy the best L arginine Supplements?
In recent years, food safety problems in various countries have exploded, and it is not healthy but black-hearted products that everyone spends on. Therefore, European and American products with relatively strict quality control have become popular products.
And iHerb.com is a large-scale medical cosmetics e-commerce company in the United States. It has a high satisfaction rate of 97% in the evaluation of Google customers. It provides global home delivery so that you can buy it without risking buying fakes through purchasing high-quality health products.
Finally, let me review the key points for you, as long as you master the following selection rules of L-arginine, to ensure that you can choose the high-quality L-arginine more at ease~
Based on the above points, a good “L-arginine” product should meet the following conditions:
- Choose natural extraction source is better
- Capsules are better than tablets
- Combined with compound/combination products, the effect is more multiplied (e.g. Maca/Maca, Turner Leaf, Vitamin B Group, Zinc)
- Choose brands with patented raw materials are more secure
- Products are most at ease with SGS inspection (Western medicine, heavy metals)
I hope everyone can better understand the efficacy and benefits of supplementing L-arginine, have a more correct concept of eating L-arginine health food and provide more comprehensive nutrition and health for the body.