What are the benefits of onions?
An onion is a plant whose bulbous parts can be used for pharmaceuticals, and onions can be used to:
- Improve digestion problems, such as loss of appetite, upset stomach, gallbladder problems, etc.
- Treat heart and blood vessel problems, such as angina and high blood pressure.
- Prevent Atherosclerosis.
- Treatment of Sore Mouth and Throat, Whooping Cough, Bronchitis, Asthma, Dehydration, Intestinal Gas, Parasitic Worms, and Diabetes.
Some people also use onions as diuretics to increase urination. Onions can also be applied directly to the skin to improve insect bites, wound, minor burns, Boys, Warts, and bruises; in cooking, onions can be used for many dishes; in manufacturing, onion oil can be used to season.
The principle of onions
Onions may lower cholesterol, which may reduce the risk of arteriosclerosis, and there is some evidence that onions may relax the lungs of asthmatic patients.
However, there are not enough studies to show how onions work, so please consult a physician for more information.
If you have the following situation, please consult a physician or pharmacist:
- Pregnancy or lactation: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should only take the medicine recommended by your doctor.
- Are taking other medicines: including prescription medicines, prescription medicines, or prescription medicines without a prescription.
- Allergic to any substance containing onions: or allergic to other drugs or herbs.
- Suffering from other diseases: for example, disorders of the physiological system, or any other health conditions.
- Allergies to certain substances: such as specific foods, artificial colors, preservatives, or animal allergies.
Compared with the regulation of medicines, the regulation of herbal medicines is less strict, and more research is needed to prove its safety.
Before use, please make sure that the benefits outweigh the risks. It is recommended to consult an herbalist or physician for more information.
Is it safe to use onions?
Generally speaking, it is safe to take the onion and apply the onion to the skin; a large amount of oral administration should also be safe for most people. Onion contains diphenylamine, the maximum intake is 35 milligrams (mg).
It should also be safe to take 35 mg of diphenylamine every day for several months.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding: It is unclear whether pregnant or breastfeeding women use onions safely. To be conservative, please ingest onions in moderation and avoid using them as much as possible.
- Abnormal bleeding: Onions may reduce the speed of blood clotting, so the use of drugs may increase the risk of bleeding. If there is abnormal bleeding, please do not take onion as medicine or take onion extract.
- Diabetes: Onions may lower blood sugar. If you have diabetes and eat onions as medicine, please monitor your blood sugar changes.
- Patients undergoing surgery: Onions may reduce the speed of blood clotting and lower blood sugar. Therefore, in theory, onions may increase the risk of bleeding during and after surgery and affect blood sugar control.
Please stop using onions as medicine for the first two weeks of the operation.
Potential side effects of using onions
It is not clear what side effects may result from using onions. If you have any concerns, please consult a physician for more information.
Potential interactions using onions
Onions may interact with medicines taken by individuals or suffer from diseases, so please check with your doctor before taking them. Drugs that may interact with onions include:
Some people are allergic to onions. If you happen to be taking aspirin, the allergy will become more serious.
There is currently only one such case, but for safety, if you are allergic to onions, please do not use aspirin onions at the same time.
Onions may have a diuretic-like function, so it will reduce the body’s ability to eliminate lithium salts, thus increasing the amount of lithium salts in the body, causing serious side effects.
If you are taking lithium salt, please consult your doctor before using onions, your lithium dosage may need to be changed.
Onions may lower blood sugar, and diabetes drugs also have the same function. If you use onions and diabetes drugs at the same time, you may make your blood sugar too low.
Therefore, please monitor your blood sugar changes, your diabetes medication dose may also need to be changed.
Diabetes drugs include limepiride, Glyburide, Insulin, Pioglitazone, Rosiglitazone, Chlorpropamide, Glipizide, Tolbutamide.
Drugs that reduce blood clotting (Anticoagulant/Antiplatelet drugs)
Onions may reduce the rate of blood clotting, so if you take drugs that also reduce blood clotting rate, it may increase bruising and bleeding. risk.
Drugs that reduce the rate of blood clotting include aspirin, Clopidogrel, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Dalteparin, Enoxaparin, Heparin, Warfarin, etc.
The following information is not a medical diagnosis, please consult a physician or herbalist before using.
What is the general usage?
The recommended dosage for each patient may be different and will be affected by age, health, and other diseases.
Herbs are not necessarily safe. Therefore, please consult an herbalist or physician to find out the dosage that is right for you.
Type of finished product
May be of the following types:
Where can I buy the best onion products?
In recent years, food safety problems in various countries have exploded, and it is not healthy but black-hearted products that everyone spends on. Therefore, European and American products with relatively strict quality control have become popular products.
And iHerb.com is a large-scale medical cosmetics e-commerce company in the United States. It has a high satisfaction rate of 97% in the evaluation of Google customers. It provides global home delivery so that you can buy it without risking buying fakes through purchasing high-quality health products.