Men and women will have menopause, and they will also be accompanied by some physiological changes and symptoms, but menopause symptoms are often particularly noticeable in women.
Do you know what are the symptoms of menopause in women?
The arrival of female menopause also means that the ovulation cycle of this life is gradually coming to an end, which is the normal physiological degradation that every woman will face.
Today, let me spend 5 minutes talking to you about menopause, symptoms of menopause, how to maintain or treat menopause, what foods and health foods can be eaten by women with menopause symptoms, etc.
Note. This section of menopause will not be discussed. I have written an article about male menopause. Those who are interested can also take a look. >>> Men also have menopause?! What are the symptoms?
Understand what is menopause
According to the definition of the International Menopause Medical Association, menopause refers to the transition period in which women change from being fertile to infertile, and they are all called menopause.
Under normal circumstances, as age increases, the ovarian function will continue to decline, and women will gradually lose their fertility until there is no more menstruation.
The age of normal female menopause falls between 45 and 55 years old.
Therefore, menopause is a very clear phenomenon. When women no longer ovulate and no longer have menstruation, it is menopause, but menopause is a period of time before and after menopause, which may be several years, and there is no clear time point. With age can do the cutting.
From normal menstruation to menopause to menopause, it’s a gradual process.
I simply put together an evolution chart to make it easier for everyone to understand the physiological changes and differences~
What are the symptoms of female menopause? (Female menopause syndrome/menopause disorder)
Female menopause is caused by hormonal changes in the body, especially low estrogen. It will produce many symptoms, and even severe ones may cause depression and anxiety.
These symptoms encountered by women in menopause are also known as common terms such as female menopause syndrome, menopause syndrome, menopause disorder, and so on.
Here I also sorted out the symptoms of 10 common female menopause:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Menstrual cycle, blood volume changes
- Emotional instability (e.g. feeling low and inexplicably angry)
- Vulva/vaginal dryness
- Atrophy and decreased secretion of the urethral epidermis (prone to urethritis)
- Loss of libido
- Feeling tired or sore in joint muscles
- Feel dizzy or headache frequently
Although the symptoms of menopause/menopause syndrome in women, most of them may be able to adapt after a few years of tolerance, due to the gradual lack of hormones, long-term, it is also likely to cause osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease risk, so for menopause syndrome Symptoms are needed and should be taken seriously~
How to improve and treat menopause symptoms in women
Earlier we have realized that the biggest cause of women’s menopause is due to the low estrogen with age, so we have organized several methods for improving daily maintenance and seeking professional treatment for your reference~
Ten recommended methods for daily maintenance and improvement of female menopause symptoms:
- Easy to adjust the overall temperature through onion style
- Use a cold towel to cool down behind your neck
- Quit smoking (nicotine easily exacerbates hot flashes)
- Moderate exercise helps maintain a stable mood
- Regular work and rest, reduce staying up late
- Reduce caffeine intake afternoon
- Sexual behavior with lubricating fluid reduces pain
- Use vaginal moisturizer in moderation to avoid dry itching
- Eat light and balanced diet
5 recommended methods for the treatment of female menopause symptoms by professional doctors (hormonal therapy/non-hormonal therapy):
- Estrogen medication
- Estrogen with progesterone medication
- Tibolone medication
- Antidepressant related medications
- Antiepileptic drug gabapentin treatment
The first three treatments listed above are hormonal treatments. Those with the following 6 conditions/symptoms are not recommended.
- Those with a history of coronary artery disease
- People with a history of venous thromboembolism
- People with history and risk of stroke
- People with a history of breast cancer, endometrial cancer, etc.
- Liver disease attack/treatment
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
What to eat for menopause/dietary advice
First of all, of course, the old saying “a balanced diet is the first principle”, the six types of food can not be less, the low-oil, low-salt, low-sugar, high-fiber three low one high principle, it is right to prepare in this direction.
Female menopause has low estrogen, so ingesting foods that help balance hormones will help to improve menopause discomfort symptoms.
In addition, women gradually increase with age, especially after menopause, the calcium loss rate is very fast, so calcium supplements Very important!
- Soybean products (soybean milk, tofu)
- Soybeans (black beans, red beans, mung beans…etc.)
- Chinese yam
- Dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt)
- Dried fish
- White meat (chicken, deep-sea fish)
- Berry (cranberry, blueberry)
Menopause health food
I believe that many people will ask whether there are any health food or maintenance ingredients in addition to the daily diet.
I hope that they can do additional nutritional supplements to improve symptoms.
Here, I have also sorted out some common and recommended health food/maintenance ingredients for your reference.
It is recommended that you can choose according to your own needs, or discuss it with professionals such as nutritionists/doctors/pharmacists~
- Soybean isoflavone
- Royal jelly
- Calcium (e.g. algae calcium)
- Algae/Fish Oil (Omega-3)
Am I female menopause now? >Self-symptom detection/assessment measurement form
Many people may not be very sure whether their current symptom is menopause. Here we provide a self-symptom detection/assessment measurement table to check which menopause-related symptoms you think have occurred one by one and give points according to the degree of trouble (no symptoms 0 points), 1 point for mild symptoms, 2 points for moderate symptoms, and 3 points for severe symptoms).
Source of self-symptom test/evaluation measurement form
- Feel palpitations
- Feel chest tight
- I often feel dry eyes
- Feeling depressed or emotional ups and downs
- Feeling restless or easy to lose temper
- Feel no one loves or is not valued
- Easy to forget or lose concentration
- Easily tired
- Feel backache
- Feeling joint pain
- Dry skin or increased wrinkles
- Decreased libido
- Pain during sex
- Frequent urination or urethral cautery
- Vulva/vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes or night sweats
- Feel dizzy
- Feel a headache
If the total score of the above items exceeds 20 points, you will be advised to find a doctor for further consultation, and then to understand your physical condition and find a suitable way to start maintenance or treatment~
After reading this article, I believe you have a more complete understanding and understanding of female menopause, menopause symptoms, age of menopause, improvement of menopause, maintenance and treatment methods, selection of menopause health food ingredients… and so on.
Finally, I would like to say hard work for female friends. I also hope that more male friends can learn more about this information and take good care of their women who face menopause issues.
Family and friends can support each other and understand each other better. , Through this special period of life together.