Basic concepts of Blond Psyllium
Blond Psyllium can be used as a laxative or stool softener to improve the condition of patients with hemorrhoids, anal fissures, or just after anal surgery. Do you know what is blond psyllium?
It can also be used to treat diarrhea, colorectal irritability, and ulcerative colitis, Dysentery.
It can also be used to improve high cholesterol, hypertension, diabete, cancer, weight control, and severe kidney disease; some people will also apply Blond Psyllium as an ointment on the skin to improve abscesses.
The principle of Blond Psyllium
Current research on the efficacy of Blond Psyllium is not sufficient, so please consult a physician or herbalist before taking it for more information.
However, the seed shell of Blond Psyllium absorbs a lot of water, which can stimulate gastrointestinal motility in patients with constipation and slow down gastrointestinal motility in patients with diarrhea.
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding; because when you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should only take medicines as directed by your doctor.
- You are taking other medicines.
- You are allergic to any substance from Blond Psyllium, other medicines, or other herbs.
- You currently have other diseases, conditions, or conditions.
- You have any type of allergy, such as food, dyes, preservatives, or animals…allergy.
Compared with the regulation of medicines, the regulation of herbal medicines is less strict, and more research is needed to prove its safety.
Before use, please ensure that the benefits outweigh the risks. It is recommended to consult an herbalist or physician for more information.
Is it safe to use Blond Psyllium
For every 3 to 5 mg of Blond Psyllium shell or 7 mg of seeds, drink at least 8 ounces of liquid.
special attention items
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding: It is safe to take an appropriate amount by mouth.
- Colorectal adenoma: For patients who have had colorectal adenoma, the use of Blond Psyllium may increase the risk of recurrence of the disease, so please try to avoid it.
- Diabetes: The use of Blond Psyllium may lower blood sugar, so patients with type 2 diabetes should closely monitor blood sugar and adjust the dose of general anti-diabetic drugs. It should also be noted that some Blond Psyllium products contain added sugar, which will increase blood glucose concentration.
- Gastrointestinal diseases: If you have excessive stools due to fecal obstruction, narrowing or obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract, or other diseases that cause gastrointestinal obstruction (such as intestinal cramps), do not use Blond Psyllium.
- Allergies: Some people have severe allergic reactions to Blond Psyllium, especially those who often use Blond Psyllium in their work environment are more prone to allergies, so if there is an allergic reaction, do not use Blond Psyllium.
- Hypotension: Blond Psyllium will lower blood pressure, so if you use Blond Psyllium in patients with hypotension, your blood pressure may be too low.
- Phenylketonuria: Some Blond Psyllium products will be added with aspartame to increase the sweetness. Patients with ketonuria should avoid it as much as possible.
- Patients undergoing surgery: Blond Psyllium affects blood sugar, making blood sugar during/after surgery more difficult to control, so do not use Blond Psyllium two weeks before surgery.
- Difficulty swallowing: Do not use Blond Psyllium, otherwise it may increase the risk of choking.
Potential side effects of Blond Psyllium
Blond Psyllium may cause flatulence, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation, and nausea. It may also be related to heart problems, back pain, runny nose, cough, sinus problems.
Some people may have an allergic reaction to Blond Psyllium. The possible symptoms are nasal swelling, sneezing, eyelid swelling, urticaria, and asthma.
They may also be particularly susceptible to work environment exposure to Blond Psyllium or long-term use of Blond Psyllium. Blond Psyllium is allergic.
If you have a red face, severe itching, shortness of breath, wheezing, swelling of face or body, tightness of chest or throat, loss of consciousness, etc., please seek medical treatment immediately.
Not everyone will experience these side effects, and some side effects are not listed above. If you have any concerns about side effects, please consult your herbalist or physician.
Potential interactions using Blond Psyllium
Blond Psyllium may interact with personal medications or physical conditions, so please consult your herbalist or physician before taking it.
The drugs that may interact with Blond Psyllium are as follows:
- Carbamazepine: Blond Psyllium contains a lot of fiber, will reduce the body’s absorption of carbamazepine, and reduce the efficacy of carbamazepine.
- Lithium: Blond Psyllium contains a lot of fiber, which will reduce the body’s absorption of lithium salts and reduce the efficacy of lithium salts. Do not use Blond Psyllium within 1 hour of taking lithium salt.
- Diabetes medications: Blond Psyllium may reduce the body’s absorption of sugar in food, so it lowers blood sugar, so if used at the same time may make blood sugar too low. Diabetes medications include Glimepiride, Glyburide, Insulin, Pioglitazone, Rosiglitazone, Chlorpropamide, Glipizide ), Tolbutamide, etc.
- Warfarin: Warfarin can be used to slow blood clotting, some people worry that using Blond Psyllium may reduce the body’s absorption of warfarin and affect the efficacy, and increase the risk of blood clotting. However, Blond Psyllium should have no effect on the absorption and efficacy of warfarin.
- Digoxin: Blond Psyllium contains a lot of fiber, which will reduce the body’s absorption of digoxin and reduce the efficacy of digoxin. In general, oral medication should be taken 1 hour before or 4 hours after using Blond Psyllium.
- Ethinyl Estradiol: Ethinyl Estradiol is estrogen found in some estrogen products and birth control pills. Some people worry that Blond Psyllium will reduce the body’s absorption rate of Ethinylestradiol. However, Blond Psyllium is unlikely to have a great influence on the absorption rate of Ethinylestradiol.
The recommended dosage of Blond Psyllium
The following information is not a medical diagnosis, please consult a physician or herbalist before using.
What is the general usage of Blond Psyllium
- Improve constipation: Use 7~40 grams of Blond Psyllium seeds daily, which can be divided into 2~4 times.
- Improve diarrhea: You can take 7-18 grams of Blond Psyllium in 2 to 3 times, or use 5 grams of 4:1:1 Blond Psyllium, calcium carbonate, and calcium phosphate.
- Reduce diarrhea in lavage patients: Up to 30 grams of Blond Psyllium can be taken in divided doses of 2.5 to 7.5 grams each time. It can be taken by gavage, but be careful when taking it. Blond Psyllium may block the gavage tube.
- Improve chronic diarrhea after gallbladder surgery: take 6.5 grams of Blond Psyllium 3 times a day.
- Improve diarrhea caused by Misoprostol: Take 3.4 grams of Blond Psyllium twice a day.
- Improving colorectal irritability: Use 10-30 mg of Blond Psyllium seed shells daily, which can be taken 2 to 3 times, or 10 mg of seed shells twice a day, with 15 mg of Propantheline 3 times a day.
- Reduce gastrointestinal side effects of Orlistat: For every dose of Roche Fresh, take 6 grams of Blond Psyllium 3 times a day.
- To control the symptoms of ulcerative colitis: take 10 grams of Blond Psyllium seeds twice a day.
- Improve the bleeding condition of hemorrhoids: Use 3.5 grams of psyllium seed shell for 3 months and 2 times a day.
- Improve high cholesterol: Take 3.4 grams of Blond Psyllium seed shell 3 times a day, or use 5.1 grams twice a day. There are also patients who used up to 20.4 grams of psyllium seed shells a day and can also use oat flakes with psyllium added daily, or mix 2.1 g of psyllium, 1.3 g of pectin, and 1.1 g of guar gum. And 0.5 grams of locust bean gum, use 3 times a day, you can also use a product containing 2.5 grams of Blond Psyllium and 2.5 grams of Jiangdan Ning, 3 times a day. Or use 10 mg of simvastatin and medicated 15 g per day.
- Children can use cereals containing 5-10 grams of Blond Psyllium daily.
- Type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol patients: 15 grams of Blond Psyllium can be taken in 3 doses.
- Assist patients with type 2 diabetes to reduce the glycemic index of food: Take 15 grams of Blond Psyllium and take it with food containing carbohydrates in 3 times.
- Improve high blood pressure: 15 grams of Blond Psyllium shell can be used for 8 weeks and daily use.
The dosage of Blond Psyllium will vary according to age, health, and other conditions; and the use is not completely without risks, so please ask your doctor or herbalist for your appropriate dosage before taking it.
Types of finished products of Blond Psyllium
May be of the following types:
- Blond Psyllium powder
- Unprocessed psyllium shell