In December 2019, unexplained pneumonia broke out in Wuhan, China, and the Wuhan pneumonia epidemic quickly spread to the world. After being confirmed by the World Health Organization (WHO), “Wuhan Pneumonia” is a new type of coronavirus first seen in humans, named 2019-nCoV (2019 New Coronavirus).
What is Wuhan Pneumonia/2019 New Coronavirus?
At the end of 2019, many patients in Wuhan, China, suffered from unexplained pneumonia. Most of the patients were personnel from the South China Seafood Market in Wuhan. Therefore, they were referred to as “Wuhan Unexplained Pneumonia”. A new type of coronavirus.
Most human coronavirus infections are mainly caused by respiratory symptoms, such as fever, runny nose, nasal congestion, cough, etc., but like severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS- CoV), and Wuhan Pneumonia/New Coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
These types of coronavirus infections are more severe than normal coronaviruses, and may even cause life-threatening symptoms.
What are the symptoms of Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus?
Wuhan Pneumonia/2019 The symptoms of new coronaviruses are similar to those of influenza at the beginning. In severe cases, they may progress to severe pneumonia, respiratory distress syndrome or multiple organ failure, shock, etc.
- Fever (above 38 degrees).
- Sore throat, swollen throat.
- Limb weakness.
- There may be symptoms of dyspnea.
If you have traveled to Wuhan and its neighboring areas 14 days before these symptoms appeared, or have been in contact with people with these symptoms, it is strongly recommended to wear a mask to seek medical treatment for the diagnosis.
Subjects who meet the voluntary health management of Wuhan Pneumonia/2019 New Coronavirus should avoid going out during the period of autonomous health management.
If they need to go out, they should wear medical masks throughout the course, and each morning and evening should take their temperature every time. , Follow the instructions immediately.
Wuhan Pneumonia / 2019 New Coronavirus Notification Definition:
- Fever above 38 degrees.
- There are respiratory symptoms and cough.
- Within 14 days before the onset, there was a history of Chinese tourism and pneumonia.
Although there have been cases of death due to Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus in mainland China, the factors that affect viral pneumonia include age, the severity of underlying diseases and related complications, and so on, which are all factors.
Wuhan Pneumonia/2019 New coronavirus can reduce the mortality of viral pneumonia without specific treatment drugs through early diagnosis and treatment. Please also refrain from being overly nervous and panicked or hearing uncertain sources.
Prevention of Wuhan pneumonia / 2019 new coronavirus, what should you know about masks?
Due to Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus, a large number of masks are out of stock, but you know what types of masks, what kind of masks to wear to prevent Wuhan pneumonia, how to wear a mask?
Hundreds of masks, which one can prevent Wuhan pneumonia / 2019 new coronavirus?
- Cotton masks: generally used to keep warm and cannot isolate viruses.
- Activated carbon mask: It can absorb organic gas and toxic gas dust, and cannot isolate viruses.
- Some medical activated carbon masks/surgical masks/medical masks: can isolate viruses and prevent Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus.
- N95 mask: can isolate the virus, can prevent Wuhan pneumonia / 2019 new coronavirus.
Prevent Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus, wear a mask correctly 4 steps:
- Wash your hands before wearing the mask, and check the mask for damage. If the mask is damaged, replace it immediately.
- After the elastic band hangs on the ear, the nose piece should be fixed on the nose bridge, and the mask should also be pulled out and completely covered to the chin.
- Gently press the bridge of the nose to keep the mask tight against the bridge of the nose, not to expose the nose.
- Check if the mask and face are close together, too big or too small is not suitable.
The surface of the mask may be contaminated with bacteria and viruses. When removing it, remember not to directly touch the surface of the mask. Roll up the face that may be contaminated with bacteria and viruses and discard the mask.
While rolling the mask, you may be exposed to bacteria. Remember to wash your hands and disinfect after discarding the mask.
In one of the following situations, a new mask must be replaced immediately:
- When the mask is damaged or damaged.
- When secretions such as blood stains or saliva get on the mask.
- When wearing a mask to the isolation ward or when the patient is in contact.
- When the mask and the face cannot fit tightly.
- When wearing a mask makes breathing difficult.
Do not reuse the same mask for the sake of saving money, and do not put a layer of toilet paper in the mask. Doing so will hinder the tightness of the mask and the face, but will lose the epidemic prevention effect of the mask.
In addition, don’t hoard your masks too much. Please leave the masks for the first-line medical staff, epidemic prevention staff, family members, relatives, colleagues, and colleagues engaged in public transportation in the fight against Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus and various diseases
Prevention of Wuhan pneumonia / 2019 new coronavirus, small knowledge about alcohol
Because of concerns about the spread of the Wuhan virus/2019 new coronavirus, in addition to masks, alcohol has become one of the over-selling products.
Disinfecting the environment is indeed beneficial for killing viruses, and the correct use of alcohol disinfection helps prevent infection.
Why can alcohol (ethanol) be sterilized?
The main purpose is to use alcohol (ethanol) to denature proteins and dissolve lipids.
The outer membrane of bacteria or viruses is mainly composed of phospholipids. Alcohol (ethanol) is an organic solvent that can dissolve lipid components in the cell membrane, destroy its cell membrane, and inactivate the cell membrane.
However, it is not that the higher the concentration, the better. High concentration alcohol (95% alcohol) can indeed coagulate the surface protein of bacteria, but it only acts on the surface.
For some bacteria, when the inside is still active, The bacteria are still alive.
The use of 75% alcohol (ethanol) can effectively inactivate bacteria and viruses with coats to achieve the disinfection effect of eliminating bacteria and viruses. However, in daily life, you still need to wash your hands frequently to get the bacteria on your hands. Disinfect with viruses.
In addition to alcohol (ethanol), there are other alcohols that can be used for disinfection and cleaning.
For example, isopropyl alcohol (Isopropyl alcohol) is slightly weaker than alcohol (ethanol) in sterilization, but it is still effective in eliminating bacteria and viruses.
The school can be used as alternative disinfection. The dilution ratio of isopropyl alcohol is 70~75% as the appropriate concentration.
- If you can only buy 95% alcohol (ethanol): you can mix it with 4 glasses of 95% alcohol + 1 glass of water.
- If you can only buy 99% isopropyl alcohol, you can use 3 cups of isopropyl alcohol + 1 cup of water to mix.
When diluting and mixing, choose a place with good ventilation and keep away from fire.
Carefully pour the configured alcohol into Baote bottles, dry-cleaning hand bottles, lotion spray bottles, and other containers for storage and use. Remember to clearly mark the bottle body. Be careful not to swallow it.
To prevent Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus, regarding the cleaning of the home environment such as furniture, bed, kitchen, living room, etc., can be diluted with 1:100 diluted bleach (500 ppm).
The surface of the bathroom or toilet should be disinfected with 1:10 diluted bleach (5000 ppm). Disinfection should be done once a day, and only use the bleach brewed that day.
Also, maintain good ventilation to maintain clean air.
Prevention of Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus, more importantly, washing hands frequently.
Regarding Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus, I mentioned earlier that it caused panic buying masks and alcohol, but the most important thing is to remember to wash your hands frequently, but washing your hands with clean water is not enough. You must also rub it with soap and hand lotion for more than 20 seconds.
The World Health Organization (WHO) gives advice on the protection of Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus, the most important thing is to wash hands. Washing hands frequently can effectively prevent viruses and bacteria, reduce people’s illness and diarrhea, and can also reduce the harm of bacteria. And remember to wash your hands after the following 6 conditions:
- Wash hands before eating: Prevent viruses and bacteria from entering your mouth due to contact with tableware or food.
- Wash your hands after going to the toilet: wash away urine or excrement, as well as viruses and bacteria that are touched when the toilet lid is lifted, the flush button is pressed, and the door is opened and closed.
- Cover your mouth with your hands, cough, or wash your hands after blowing your nose with toilet paper: prevent the spread of secretions or germs contaminated by coughing in your hands.
- Wash your hands when you return home from home: Because you are in contact with the outside air and people, you must wash your hands and change clothes after returning home to prevent viruses or bacteria from being brought back from outside.
- Wash your hands before entering or leaving the hospital: Wash your hands before entering the hospital to avoid bringing bacteria and viruses into the hospital, thereby protecting the weaker patients. Wash your hands before leaving the hospital to prevent bringing the germs home.
- Wash your hands before touching infants and young children: Since the immune system of infants and young children is not yet mature, they are more susceptible to infection.
Hand washing steps should be kept in mind. The scrubbing range includes palms, fingers, finger joints, back of hands and wrists for at least 20 to 30 seconds, and dry hands. These steps, although simple, are more important.
Against Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus, what can you do besides disinfection and wearing a mask?
- The most important thing is to wash hands frequently.
- You must wear a mask when you go out to the crowded area.
- Proper use of anti-epidemic products.
Especially for the alcohol ratio, the correct ratio must be used for effective sterilization. Wet paper towels or sprays containing alcohol, wipe the sprayed items, wait for the volatilization time, and then touch the items.
Although alcohol has a disinfecting effect, long-term use of dry-cleaned hands or wet tissues containing alcohol will cause the hands to lose sebum and moisture on the skin, resulting in dry hands and itching, redness, etc.
Therefore, patients who already have contact dermatitis or rich hands are not recommended to use these products to disinfect and clean their hands.
When immunity is low, it is more susceptible to the harm of germs. If you want to prevent diseases, you should maintain a state in which the body’s immune system can function normally.
You must sleep well and maintain balanced nutrition. This time Wuhan Pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus enters the human body from the respiratory tract, oral mucosa, etc.
People with less balanced nutrition on weekdays may consider supplementing multiple vitamins, supplementing water, and adding moderate exercise to promote body Circulation, increase self-immunity.
Proper exercise and adequate sleep
Appropriate exercise and rest and adequate sleep and not excessive fatigue are all ways to fight against Wuhan pneumonia / 2019 new coronavirus to improve body immunity.
In the face of Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus, focus on epidemic prevention.
I believe everyone must have inquired a lot of information because of this Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus. It has compiled the relevant knowledge of masks, alcohol and hand washing, and at the end, do a focus on the prevention of Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus epidemic prevention:
- Usually, develop a good habit of measuring body temperature.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap.
- Less than crowded places.
- Masks are not reused.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief, tissue or sleeve.
- Carry a portable alcohol bottle when you go out, which can be disinfected and cleaned at any time.
- If you have a fever, cough, or other discomforts when you enter from abroad, you will be notified immediately.
- Avoid shaking hands, rubbing eyes, touching nose and mouth, etc.
- Instead of eating raw food, try to cook the food before eating.
- Use diluted bleach to clean your home and workplace.
- Avoid contact with wild animals and wild birds and poultry.
Because there is no vaccine and no exact treatment for the new coronavirus in Wuhan Pneumonia/2019, it is recommended that each step above should be done.
The more coronaviruses are infected, the more likely they are to mutate, and the infectivity will follow.
I know that everyone is uneasy and worried about this Wuhan pneumonia/2019 new coronavirus. What we can do now is to wash our hands, wear masks, protect ourselves and others, and don’t listen to rumors from unknown sources.