Understand what Maca is?
Maca is a traditional Peruvian cruciferous plant, also known as “Peru ginseng”. Do you want to know what are the benefits of taking maca?
Maca is a plateau plant native to the Andes Mountains in Peru, South America, more than 4,000 meters. It has been used for both edible and medicinal purposes for centuries.
Generally divided into 4 colors, white, yellow, purple, black. Due to the scarce production of Black Maca, the quality is considered to be the highest in the market, and of course, the price is also the highest, known as Black Maca.
The common Maca health products on the market are mainly divided into yellow maca, black maca, and purple-red maca. The use of three types of raw materials, the choice of black maca + purple maca has a large proportion of high quality.
According to research, dried maca root is rich in protein (10.2%), sugars (59%), fatty acids (2.2%), 20 amino acids, 7 minerals, 8 vitamins, and multiple alkaloids, Active ingredients such as glucosinolates, sterols, polysaccharides, taurine, plant polyphenols, and saponins.
In addition, the dried maca root contains unique macaene and macaamide, which is currently considered to be one of the effective substances in the maca extract with a promoting function.
However, in terms of the overall nutritional value of Maca, I think it would be more appropriate to position Maca as a nutritional supplement and a health care product to maintain physical strength~
What are the functions and effects of Maca?
Maca is in the field of male health care in recent years. What are the benefits of taking maca?
Here I have sorted out the efficacy and effects of the research evidence so that everyone can refer to and compare
- Helps improve “sperm quality” and helps conception
- Helps improve “erectile dysfunction”
- Can enhance “male sexual desire”
- Ingredients help promote “sexual function”
- Helps relieve “menopausal symptoms”
- Helps to improve “irregular menstruation” and “menstrual disorder”
- Helps to enhance “muscle endurance” and resist fatigue
- Helps to improve “sleep quality” and improve insomnia symptoms
- Helps regulate “physiological functions” and balance hormones in the body
- Helps to adjust “memory” and improve learning and work efficiency
How to eat Maca? Am I suitable for eating?
Maca has been used as food for thousands of years. It has not been found to have any toxic reactions after human consumption, and it is extremely safe. Especially black and red are also highly safe.
The experimental data on the safety of Maca also pointed out that Maca is safe in vivo and in vitro.
Now more and more scientific studies have confirmed that Maca is a new generation of Superfood, and among them, the black Maca supplied by Peru is the highest quality choice.
Although raw maca is nutritious, it may be difficult to digest due to its high fiber content, and it is not easy to obtain. The most convenient way is to supplement it from healthy food.
In most studies, the daily dose of maca is controlled at about 0.5g~3g (also for black and red maca), and the maximum consumption should not exceed 25g/day according to the recommendations of the Ministry of Scientific Research and Health.
Who should not eat maca?
- Pregnant women, breastfeeding women
- Children and minors (under 18 years old)
- Those with liver and kidney diseases (recommended to be evaluated by a physician before consumption)
- Those with hormone-related diseases (ex. uterine fibroids, ovarian cancer… etc.)
- People taking related anti-hormonal drugs (may interfere with drug action)
- Those taking anticoagulant drugs (Maca is rich in vitamin K to help blood clotting)
Who “more suitable” recommends eating maca
- Men with sexual function/erection disorders
- Women with menopausal symptoms and discomfort
- Women with irregular periods/menstrual disorders
- Those who have pregnancy needs and want to increase sperm quantity/quality
- Athletes or those who want to improve athletic energy and performance
- Men or women who want to increase sexual desire
- Hormonal disorders cause insomnia and emotional instability
Can athletes eat Maca?
Athletes can eat Maca, and it is currently a popular supplement for athletes or fitness people because Maca has been experimentally proven to help increase muscle and strength, enhance physical strength, and improve athletic performance.
Maca has been designated as a health care product by NASA, the International Mountaineering Federation, and the 2002 Korea-Japan World Cup.
According to reports, in 2003, the Peruvian football team changed the history of Peruvian football due to the consumption of Maca and boarded the South American Cup. Champions… It is not difficult to find in the information, etc.,
Maca has gradually been recommended and given positive reviews in sports-related fields.
In addition to the relevant certifications of major developed countries in the world, Maca has been listed by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) as a recommended safe food.
Where can I buy the best Maca supplements?
In recent years, food safety problems in various countries have exploded, and it is not healthy but black-hearted products that everyone spends on. Therefore, European and American products with relatively strict quality control have become popular products.
And iHerb.com is a large-scale medical cosmetics e-commerce company in the United States. It has a high satisfaction rate of 97% in the evaluation of Google customers. It provides global home delivery so that you can buy it without risking buying fakes through purchasing high-quality health products.
After reading the complete article, I believe you have a deeper understanding of Maca. First of all, you must choose the “right” Maca brand to have a good effect!
There are other small Maca brands on the market. The team, brand, quality, and efficacy evaluation are unknown, and it is not recommended for consumption. There is a possibility of injury.
Finally, I want to share and summarize with you all, the conditions for selecting effective maca~
A “Maca” with good efficacy, effectiveness, and evaluation should meet the following conditions:
- It is better to choose black or purple
- Combine with beneficial compound (zinc, group B, arginine, etc.)
- Choose big factory patent maca raw material with high purity
- The main compound recognizes that patented raw materials are guaranteed
- Choose a sufficient amount of maca to add product effect/efficiency is better
- Choose natural extracts to reduce the physical burden
- SGS inspection must be the most reliable (Western medicine, heavy metal)
*Maca is a herbaceous plant, so it is very important to have SGS heavy metal and no western medicine